Tampere Travel Card
With Tampere Travel Card you can pay for your bus trips conveniently and inexpensively. You can purchase a personal, or a holder-specific travel card. There is also particular card available for companies.
Travel Cards and tickets are sold at our customer service. There are about 50 retailers around Tampere, where you can reload your card. Tickets can be reloaded even before the current ticket expires. New ticket comes into effect on your next trip after the previous ticket has ended.
General Travelling and Travel Card Conditions of Tampere Public Transport are applied with Tampere Travel Cards. The card is designed by Piia Pälä.
The Personal Travel Card
To obtain a personal travel card, you must have a Finnish social security number and registered address in Finland. The customer information will be filed, which enables various features:
- You don't have to worry about updating the age group set on the card, because it will change according to your own age.
- If you lose your card, it can be closed and replaced with a new one. Closing can be done by phone or personally at customer service.
- The personal travel card can be loaded with special tickets and benefits, like student and senior discounts, regional ticket and Employer-Subsidized Commuter Ticket.
- You can also pay some sport services (eg. entrance fees to public swimming pools of Tampere and Nokia) with a Stored Value Ticket loaded onto the card.
You can borrow your card to a use of another person, unless it contains no personal tickets or benefits. The borrower has to belong to the same age group as you (or a lower group).
The Holder-Specific Travel Card
The holder-specific Travel Card can be obtained by anyone, because customer information is not collected. The card can be set to a use of adult, youth or children's age group. Features of the holder-specific card are:
- Age group can be changed only at the customer service.
- Lost cards cannot be closed or replaced with a new one.
- The card can be loaded with holder-specific tickets.
- The card can be used by anyone suitable for the age group set onto the card (same or lower).
The Company and Community-Specific Travel Card
These travel cards can be obtained by companies and communities. The customer information will be filed. The card can be set to a use of adult, youth or children's age group, which can be changed only at the customer service.
The card can be loaded with holder-specific tickets. If the card gets lost, it can be closed and replaced with a new one. The card can be used by anyone suitable for the age group set onto the card (same or lower).
The old Tampere Travel Card
You can replace your old travel card with a new one at our customer service. But there is no horry, the old one can also still be used in public transport till the end of March 2012.